Hey Yokai Fans!

Hang out with the biggest fans from all over the world and talk yo-kai!

YO-KAI WATCH English Dub Discussion | OT | Season 2 HYPE!

Discussion in 'Yo-Kai Watch Anime/Movie' started by BluePikmin11, Aug 26, 2016.

1. 1: First time for everything. I mean, it's a KIDS Anime. You don't NEED a high-list person to do THAT. (Though they should work on it like they are a high-list person) I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't compare the YW dub with Funimation dubs. Compare it more to English dubs of European cartoons.
    2. Fair enough.
    3. ....Master Nyada, TETSUYA, Hikikōmori, Whismellowman, etc. Yo-kai Watch is based off a mix of both. While I DO agree that they should of done a better job of localizing some of the more famous youkai of folklore, you need to remember that the target audience (Kids 5+) don't have the same thoughts and ideas as us older people or even kids in other countries. Sure, they can Google it, but only AFTER they seen it.

2. 1. I don't compare this show to something like a Funimation show. I compare it to other kids' anime like Digimon or Tenkai Knights. I seriously don't understand why they couldn't have gotten a director who has any anime experience at all, whether it be voice acting, voice directing, or whatever.
    3. TETSUYA and Hikkikomori are not based on pop culture. They're based on types of people in the world, not referencing some popular person or thing.
    Also, I didn't mean I hated references such as Master Nyada. I meant I hate when they just throw out a random name or reference for no reason, like naming Beyoncé in the Burly Beat Camp song.

3. *Shrug* You dislike the dub. I like the dub. Let's leave it at that, mmk?

4. That sounds better.