Hey Yokai Fans!

Hang out with the biggest fans from all over the world and talk yo-kai!

Subs for episodes 113 and on

Discussion in 'Yo-Kai Watch Anime/Movie' started by BandanaWaddleDee, Sep 1, 2016.

1. You know, I'm tired of hearing nothing about any plans to sub episodes 113+ from anyone.

So I've decided I'm going to try and transcribe the episodes.

It might not be subbing, but it's a start. Honestly I don't speak Japanese, or know how to write it, nor am I a translator or anything of the sort. But this is something I care about, so I feel I need to try something.

Hopefully I can do this semi-effectively, I'm going to try and wright down all the untranslated words first, using google to make sure I'm typing them correctly, then I'll use context and translators to try and make English transcripts.

If I manage to do some of this, I'll make a thread for it and post both my attempts at translation and the untranslated transcripts. My hope is that other, more capable members of our community will than take these, smooth out any errors, and maybe sub the episode.

Hopefully this endeavor is successful. I have no idea how long transcribing an episode will take, as I've never done that before.

TidalTempest likes this.
  2. Thanks. Maybe Lynn Hamilton, one of the staff members, could help you with that. There's also a website called verbalizeit.com, which is a community of independent transcribers and translators of over 140 different languages, including Japanese.

Black Omochao likes this.
  3. Thanks for the tips.

Before I go ask anyone else for help, I want to see if I can actually transcript an episode, I'm going to try for the first segment of episode 113. I'm going to watch the episode raw all the way through first, as I've been avoiding watching raw episodes.

I'll definitely look to that site for help with words, thanks again. I hope I can actually get some results and that someone will use what I do to sub the episodes.

Edit: Also, if anyone could point me towards a Romanized list of Japanese words, that would be very helpful. I can't seem to find one, and it's really hard to figure out what word the characters are saying, and when exactly one word ends and the next begins at times.

Most of the translators aren't very helpful in that regard, since they don't give me a list, they just want me to type in the right word, but if I don't know how to spell what I heard, that's not very useful.

#23 Black Omochao, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. Finally! I wonder how long this will last.

5. If you want to. Doesn't hurt a plan B

6. Thanks.

But I don't think I'll be doing it, at least not until the subs stop coming again.

I wasn't very good at it, and I have a lot of other projects on my plate. I only started trying because it felt like we were never getting subs for the episodes.

The plan will be there if this community is ever in such a position again.

By the way, now that episode 113 has been subbed, should the title of this topic be changed?

7. BluePikmin11 likes this.
  8. Black Omochao likes this.
  9. Episode 115 has been subbed, I found it pretty funny.

Though the three kingdom segment was a little heavy on the Whisper abuse...

10. Episode 117 is subbed, hopefully there will be more to come in the future.

Edit: The Manji Knight is going strong, now they're up to episode 121 :).

#32 Black Omochao, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 4:54 AM
    Avenger_Seraphim likes this.