Hey Yokai Fans!

Hang out with the biggest fans from all over the world and talk yo-kai!

Importing YW3

Discussion in 'Yo-kai Watch Series 1-3' started by cruzin15, Aug 30, 2016.

1. I was thinking about importing Yo-Kai Watch 3 for my 3DS, but there's just one thing that's holding me back. Even though I can't read or speak Japanese, would I still be able to get through the game easily, or am I better off just waiting for the localized version to come out? I've seen non-Japanese speakers like AbdallahSmash026 play through the game, but he has translation notes to help him out. Would I be able to play it easily without that? What are your thoughts?

2. I've been playing this game and really, it's not too difficult to grasp if you're already familiar with the gameplay mechanics of Yokai Watch. If anything, I highly recommend using the chapter guides laid out in the link below. It won't spoil anything and get you in the right direction.

http://kkomasan.tumblr.com

As far as waiting for a localized version, we probably won't even know if that's gonna happen until early 2017 (As the disclaimer for Yokai Watch Land states there will be support until "at least" end of 2016). I personally imported not only for the possibility of this game not coming out but because there are so many other fantastic import games out there for the japanese 3DS market (Dragon Ball Fusion being a big recent example)

cruzin15 likes this.
  3. I've been playing imported yo-kai watch games for a while. I'd say, yes, it's definitely possible to play without knowledge of japanese. I had no grasp on the language at all when I first started. I would DEFINITELY recommend downloading the google translate app as there ARE quests that don't have pointers guiding you to the next location.
    The hardest things to figure out while playing without knowledge of japanese is the train system...Eventually you'll familiarize yourself with that.
    BUT, anyways, I don't know. I think importing is the best decision I ever made as I've put well over a hundred hours into each game I own.
    It'll be confusing, yeah, but there are english players who do have information up here and there and heck! If you have any questions I'd be willing to answer them too!

cruzin15 likes this.
  4. i say wait for the localized version or attempt to find a good translator if you do import in the end

5. I don't have to worry about finding a good translator. I know people who know Japanese, and there are also English walkthroughs online!

6. Just rember you can't play the game on a us 3ds so if you import the game make sure you have a jpn 3ds as well

7. I guess it depends on how much you'd be able to handle not understanding the dialogue. Gameplay is one thing, and it doesn't inherently rely on understanding the language, but you'd miss a lot of the character interactions and stuff. If that doesn't bother you, and money isn't an issue, I'd say go for it!

I know if I had spare money to blow on a Japanese 3DS and both YW3 games, I'd have done so already, even with not being able to completely understand them.